Friday, February 14, 2014

Funny thing about blogging from your phone

Did you know that if you blog from your phone and decide to edit a pic before posting...it will not automatically save all the work you put into said blog prior to exiting the app?

Ya. Me either.

So last night I spent a couple of hours writing a blog about the fun things I did this week. One of them being the workshop I participated in. And while I still want to write about that, I will save that write up for a later date. Maybe today depending on the timing of scheduled events.

Right now I want to write about weigh loss. Probably a majority of you reading this blog have known me a long time. (I would say an average of 10 years or more.) and in that time you have known me, I have been obese. Actually, looking back, I don't remember a time in my life that I haven't been overweight. I've kind of grown used to it, but now im tired of being used to it. And honestly, there are kids in my life who need me to be a healthy aunt. I want to get on the floor and play with them...and chase them all over without getting winded so quickly. And watch them get married. And help them plan their weddings. And show them the awesome awesomeness that life has to offer. I want to live for myself and show them all the amazing things life can offer them because they are amazing and wonderful kids and growing adults.

How can I expect to do all those things while living in a body that hauls around 150 extra pounds of fat. I can't move fast because my stomach gets in the way sometimes. There are times I do things, like picking up socks off the floor, and think "wow, that was harder than necessary." Even tying my shoes is difficult. And honestly, bathing can be a challenge depending on the size of the shower. (sometimes the shower at the gym is not my friend.)

I know I am beautiful and I have a lot to offer those who are around me. I have talents and skills that should be shared with the world. But my outward appearance has hindered me from achieving my full potential. It has affected the way other perceive me...and most importantly, how I perceive myself.

No more!! I am a life worth fighting for. My dreams, they are not there to taunt me, but to inspire me and move me. I will have my life! And most importantly, I will have a life worth sharing with those I love.

No more the wallflower watching life pass her by. I will LIVE! I will INSPIRE!! I will LOVE!! I will OVERCOME!! I am more than just a pretty voice.. I am a treasure!! And I need to start seeing myself that way. How can I expected my nieces and nephews to see themselves as being able to do anything they set their minds to, if I am not living a life that exemplifies that very thing.

For too long I have settled for mediocre. I have just settled! Not feeling like my life could offer me any better than.....this.

I have lived a quarter life. And just moved with the flow letting people beat me and hurt me and treat me like I am only worth a quarter life.

That ends now. You will see a new me emerge. It may not happen over night, but it will happen. I will not settle for second or third best from myself. Only my best!!

As of today my weight is: 315.2 (whoa)
I have joined a jazzercise class and am now commiting to you and myself to go at least 3 times a week.

Below is a pic I took last night after jazzercise. The shirt im wearing does NOT fit. Its an XL. My goal is to take pics once a month of me wearing that same shirt with anticipation that it grow too big while I find my healthy size. Try not to be too jealous of my turbie twist. 😄



I am doing this, not only as my accountability to you...but also I hope it inspires you. If you struggle with self doubt and find that you are living a life less than average, I hope I can encourage you through this blog. Its not all about the weight loss. Its about perception. You are the only thing holding you back from living the life you know you deserve. Together I hope we can find the path and run, not walk, it to the end.

Much love to you all.

2 comments:

  1. WOW, Dottie - just read this comment. I needed this so much right now. I think I'm going to have to at least read your blog. I need to do this with you... I just don't have the right motivation just now. Maybe soon... You go... girl...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dottie, you are awesome! I am going to follow your progress and success! I have total faith in you! Big Richie Hug!

    ReplyDelete